Building a New House in Franklin TN vs. Buying a Used House
Are you ready to buy a house? Yes? Then you might be trying to decide between building a new house in Franklin TN or buying an existing home. In this blog, we will consider the pros and cons of both.
Building a New House in Franklin TN
One of the best things about building a new home is that you have the option to get exactly what you want. So, let’s consider the other pros:
- New home builders use the latest and most energy-efficient systems and features.
- Your new house carries new warranties.
- You can select a design and a floor plan that is what you want. For example, Mallard Homes, one of the best builders of new homes Franklin TN has to offer, has nine different floor plans to choose from.
Now the cons:
- Building takes time. You have to be patient.
- It’s not always possible to build in the exact area you want.
- You may have to contend with continued building going on around you post move-in.
- Landscaping is “young” so it may need nurturing to help it get a good start.
Buying an Existing Home in Franklin TN
Usually, when buying an existing home, the newer it is, the better. However, regardless of age, it is wise to get a home inspection.
Here are the pros of buying used:
- Usually, you can choose a location where you want to live that is close to schools, work, etc.
- You don’t have to make a lot of decisions about finishes and fixtures.
- An existing home is ready to move into quickly.
- You can live in an established neighborhood.
- The landscaping is more mature.
Now the cons:
- An older home may contain materials with higher toxic levels.
- You are stuck with the prior owners’ decorating choices.
- The floor plan may not be exactly what you really want.
- Many things may be out of warranty.
Mallard can easily help you plan your dream home. Contact us today about building a new house in Franklin TN.